Discussions with Traditional Owners around plans to develop new walking trails in Watarrka continue. Interest from commercial operators to run the planned walking tours, have encouraged Traditional Owners to explore options available.
- Discussions with Traditional Owners and the Central Land Council continue.
- Cultural sensitivities are being carefully managed.
- A Traditional Owner project planning group has been established.
- Traditional Owners have indicated interest in helping to facilitate an EOI process to leverage additional investment opportunities for the project.
- The Watarrka Traditional Owners are enthusiastic about the long term opportunities that such a project can deliver for their families in the region.