As part of the Turbocharging Tourism action plan the Northern Territory Government is providing $3 million over two years through the Visitor Experience Enhancement Program, to assist the tourism industry undertake projects that will improve the on-ground visitor experience in the NT.
Through the Visitor Experience Enhancement Program, tourism businesses can improve their customer experience, so that more visitors have positive experiences and will recommend the Territory to others. Priority is being given to projects which demonstrate the greatest need for visitor enhancement.
A total pool of $3 million (GST exclusive) is available, with one-off funding of up to $50 000 (ex GST) available per business. Due to a focus on “buy local” the works carried out thanks to VEEP grants will create jobs for local tradespeople.
- 58 businesses supported through round 1 of the VEEP program.
- More than $1.5 million invested, with $4.5 million in matched funding invested.
- 39 number of grants issued in Top End region.
- 19 number of grants issued in Central region.
- Round 2 closed 1 October, with successful applicants announced in December 2018.