ENHANCE EXISTING AND DEVELOP NEW FESTIVALS AND EVENTS
The $12.1 million funding boost will reinvigorate our festival and events scene and position the Territory as a festival and events destination. Funding includes:
- $4 million in funding to enhance existing and develop new festivals and events in the NT to attract tourists.
- $2 million for a two-year festival support program to improve visitation to the NT over the entire festival period.
- $2.4 million to support CBD activation programs in Darwin and Alice Springs including the Live Darwin and Live Alice Mparntwe Arts grants .program, the street art festival and laneways series featuring local musicians and activations.
- $1.8 million in grant funding for arts and cultural organisations to deliver unique experiences for visitors and locals.
- $1.9 million for initiatives to attract national sports events to the Territory.
See how we are progressing
Updates on this project are now available.