The Turbocharging Tourism initiative is over two thirds of the way to achieving its target of 53,000 extra holiday visitors, with more than 36,000 holiday bookings already made (as at 30 November 2018) – and is expected to inject an extra $45 million into the economy – as a direct result of the investment to date.
Download the fact sheet PDF
Territory-wide projects updates
Some projects span and deliver components to all regions of the Northern Territory. Projects that provide benefits to the whole of the Territory are:
- Cooperative marketing packages to drive sales and get people here sooner
- Boost domestic and global appeal through destination marketing
- Promoting our unique natural encounters, food experiences and adventures
- Developing and promoting our arts and cultural attractions and experiences
- Attracting more national and international business events
- Promoting festivals and events to create immediacy in travel bookings
- Invigorating festival and events
- Visitor experience enhancement program (VEEP)
- Fast-tracking tourism planning initiatives
- Co-develop, with industry, a Tourism Industry Development Strategy
Projects related to a specific region.
Read about the Darwin region projects.
Read about the Katherine region projects.
Read about the Tennant Creek region projects.
Read about the Alice Springs region projects.